National Oilwell Varco has released a new offshore hose to achieve greater loading control during fluid transfer between supply vessels and fixed platforms, floating production vessels, or offshore drilling rigs.
The offshore hose loading reels are controlled using a portable control lever or the fixed control lever located on the power pack. No manual handling of the hoses is necessary apart from connecting and disconnecting the crane hook.
- Single and multi-reel offshore hose loading stations
- Increased lifespan of the loading hoses
- Reduced life cycle costs of hoses
- Reduced risk for spillage
- Global OEM support
Offshore hose loading features and options include:
- Weak-link ensures a controlled brake of the hose assembly
- Liquid hose with permanent connection, including low-friction anti-twist swivel
- Flexible hose for dry-bulk connection
- Non-corrosive hose components
- Hose reels made with AISI 316 stainless steel
- Remote operation with radio control
- Safety cage
Image credit: National Oilwell Varco