Gates, a leading global provider of fluid power and power transmission solutions, recently added a universal mobile app to its ever-expanding range of hydraulics solutions. The eCrimpTM app builds on a previous North America-focused version, adding global capability, automatic updates and new functionality to assist fluid power customers across a wide variety of industries, applications and geographic regions.
The latest eCrimp app provides access to a dynamic and unified Safe Hydraulics knowledge base, the same set of information embedded into the new GC20™ with Gates Cortex™ Intelligence crimper, which integrates the eCrimp app with Gates’ newest crimping hardware. This smartphone version of the eCrimp app offers a host of new features and benefits:
- Global capabilities – Select region to see local products
- Save favorites – Quick access to most used assemblies
- Live crimp specs – Automatic updates when connected to WIFI
- Offline functionality – Content is available regardless of connectivity
- Data on new products – Refreshed via automatic updates
- Dynamic search capability – Flexible ways to find your solution
- Product image library – Product images validate selections
- Copy and email specs – Easy sharing and communication
Highlighting the importance of needing to easily communicate crimp specifications to customers, Gates recently introduced innovative, industry-leading hydraulics products, including MegaSys™ MXG™ 4K, MXT™ and Multi Master™ GMV™, which all offer lighter weight, lower force to bend, multi-specification coverage (for reduced inventory requirements) and market-leading performance. Gates also substantially expanded its hydraulics product offering, adding the PRO™ Series line for standard-duty applications to complement the existing MegSys line for high-power, high-pressure applications.
Courtesy of Gates.